Data Protection Notice For Job Applicants
Updated As At: 12 Jan 2023
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis upon which FM One International Pte Ltd (“we”, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of job applicants in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”) and all associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) of Singapore.
APPLICATION OF THIS NOTICE
1. This Notice applies to all persons who have applied for any such position with us (“job applicants”).
2. As used in this Notice, “personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an employee or a job applicant who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
3. Personal data which we may collect includes:
b) mailing address, telephone numbers, email address and other contact details;
c) resume, educational qualifications, professional qualifications and certifications and employment references;
d) employment and training history;
e) work-related health issues and disabilities.
Notes: Gender, passport number, date of birth, nationality, and country and city of birth will be collected if the Job Applicant is not Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident that required to apply for any form of work pass from Ministry of Manpower (“MOM”)
4. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
5. We generally collect personal data that (a) you knowingly and voluntarily provide in the course of or in connection with your job application with us, after you have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and you have provided written consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection, use and disclosure of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
6. You have choices regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data. If you choose not to provide us with the personal data described in this notice, we may not be in a position to process your job application. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent in the manner described in clause 9 of this notice. We may collect, disclose or use your personal data pursuant to an exception under the Personal Data Protection Act or other written law such as during the following situations:
a) To respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and safety or of another individual; and
b) Necessary in the national interest, for any investigation or proceedings.
7. Your personal data will be collected and used by us for the following purposes and we may disclose your personal data to third parties where necessary for the following purposes:
a) assessing and evaluating your suitability for employment in any current or prospective position within the organisation;
b) verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personal details and other information provided; and
c) applying for the required work pass from MOM (if the Job Applicant is not Singapore Citizen/Singapore Permanent Resident).
Furthermore, if you choose to share personal data of other people (such as references) with us, it is your responsibility to notify such other people, whose personal data you provide, and obtain their consent about the use of their personal data as set out in this notice.
8. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to your employment contract should you be hired) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
9. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. As a job applicant, you may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email to the contact details provided below.
10. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process and effect your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
11. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may not be in a position to process your job application. We shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request (as outlined above). Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 9 above.
12. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
14. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) calendar days. Should we not be able to respond to your access request within the said timeframe after receiving your access request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) calendar days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
15. Please note that depending on the request that is being made, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the entire documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our organisation has on record, if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
16. There is no fee to be charged for an access or correction request.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
17. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, access control, password protection, etc.
18. When we disclose your personal data to third parties, we will ensure that they provide sufficient guarantees to us to have implemented the necessary security measures to protect your personal data.
19. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
20. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date. We generally rely on personal data provided by you. In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
21. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. You may write in to our DPO at the contact details provided below to find out information on the retention and disposal of your personal data.
22. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
23. If you are not selected, your records will only be retained until the position has been filled or removed. Your records will be disposed of in a secure manner immediately after the said retention period and it is reasonable to assume that the permitted purpose is no longer being served by their retention. If you are successfully hired, your records will be kept in the personnel file.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
24. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
DATA BREACH NOTIFICATION
25. In the event of a breach of security leading to accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the impact and if appropriate report this breach within 3 calendar days to the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC). We will notify you when the data breach is likely to result in significant harm to you after our notification to PDPC. We may also notify other relevant regulatory agencies, where required.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
26. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures; or if you have any complaint or wish to make any personal data related request or would like to know how we collect, use, disclose, retain and/or dispose your personal data, in the following manner:
Contact No.: +65 8518 2398
Email Address: email@example.com
Any query, request or complaint should include, at least, your name and contact information.
We treat such queries and feedback seriously and will deal with them confidentially and within reasonable time.
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
27. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other policies, notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
28. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued participation in our recruitment process constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
I have read and agree to this Notice, and hereby give consent to my data being collected, used and/or disclosed for the purposes listed in this Notice. I hereby confirm that any personal data provided by me in relation to my job application are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and that I have not wilfully supressed any material fact. I accept that if any of the information given by me is in any way false or incorrect, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or my employment with FM One International Pte Ltd may be terminated summarily or I may be dismissed.